This tour covers all the three world heritage sites like The Potala palace, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor street. it will also extend the way to Gyantse and Shigatse in the west, experience the distinct culture of western(Tsang) Tibet, by driving along the stunning turquoise color lake Yamdrok and blooming Nyenchen Kangsar glacier under the sunny plateau climate, you will never waste every single minute by discovering new experiences and wonders on the way to Gyantse and Shigatse. Most importantly you will get chance to know many new friends among the group and share beautiful stories that enrich your travel in Tibet. On your way from Shigatse, you may take the recently opened express train with adds different experiences for the group tour.
Brief introduction to the highlights in the tour may not be quite enough, but one thing is for sure that you want to know about the arrangements, day-by-day sightseeing to see, the price and what's included or excluded, etc which are shown below, before you join the group in 6 days round trip tours to Lhasa, Gyantse, and Shigatse covering Dalai Lama and Panchen Lama's different sovereignty area.
Now, the overview images of the 6 days group tour. This may enhance your determination to join in the group tour
Note: Click on the specific day and then you can see the day tour arrangement
Today's activities: Rest and take a peak of Lhasa by yourself
Welcome to the "Roof of the World." On your arrival to Tibet, we will meet you at the airport or train station and transfer you to the hotel, after you check in, you could either rest a bit or see the city yourself, get the first impression of this ancient city
Lhasa escorted tour – Potala Palace ,Jokhang Temple ,Barkhor street
This morning our tour guide will meet you at hotel .You'll wind your way up through the stunning, awe-inspiring Potala Palace,built in 637 AD by Songtsen Gampo, it was the former winter residence for the Dalai Lamas and is truly a splendor of Eastern architecture. After lunch,we will visit the Jokhang Temple, the center of Tibetan Buddhism, also built in the 7th century on the legendary pond of "Wothang." After that you have time to walk around the Bakhor street which is one of the most devotional circuit as well as crowded central market of Lhasa.During the old days it is the most famous local market but now it is changed to tourist gift shopping center. We'll finish the day by taking a Kora around the Barkhor.
Lhasa escorted tour - Drepung Monastery ,Sera Monastery
Today we will visit Drepung Monastery in the morning, once the world's largest monastery that housed for more than 10,000 monks, it was resident of the Dalai Lama prior to Potala Palace, but several destruction were taken place in historically . Even so ,you still have lots of things to see by walking through numbers of narrow and twisted lane though the monks apartments is thrilling. The amazing day will ended with a visit to the Sera Monastery, it is built in the fifteenth century by the Jamchen choji Sakya Yeshi who is disciple of Tsongka pa, few different monastic colleges in Sera is home to several hundred monks from different part of Tibet, the famous Buddhist philosophical debates among the monks are happening everyday in the afternoon except Sunday. Later today ,continue to acclimatize and alleviate jet lag in the rest of the day. Overnight in Lhasa.
In the morning you'll start the drive to Shigatse, via Gyantse on the Southern Friendship Highway. Crossing over the summit of Kamba La (4794 m), you'll see the tranquil turquoise waters of Lake Yamdrok below; one of the three holiest lakes in Tibet. Far in the distance you'll spot the towering massif Mt. Nojin Kangtsang (7191 m), and the staggering Karo-la Glacier (5045 m). Afterwards, you'll drive to Shigatse, and overnight there. If time available and all group tourist agree, we will visit Palkor monastery(Optional) in late of afternoon ,this is optional sightseeing according to customer choice .
This morning you'll have a chance to visit Tashilumpu Monastery, the home of the Panchen Lama, which is essentially a walled town with cobbled and twisting lanes that revolve around a magnificent monastery. Today we have two possible arrangement based on the group size and transportation situation, you may drive back or take the express train back to Lhasa.If it is train, we will send you to train station, then board the train at 17:30 and arrive Lhasa at 20:32, and enjoy the 3 hours train ride on this recently opened train. The railway line from Lhasa to Shigatse, an extension of the Qinghai-Tibet railway, was put into use on August, 2014. The rail extension starts from the capital city of Lhasa and trail south along the Lhasa River to Doilungdeqen, and Quxu. Then it follows the Brahmaputra River and passes the canyon to reach Nyemo, Rinbung, and finally gets Shigatse. There are 6 railway stations designed between Lhasa & Shigatse on the rail. The average distance between each station is approximately 41 km.
Soon after our arrival our driver will transfer you to our hotel in Lhasa. Overnight in Lhasa.
This morning you will have the final chance to give a last glimpse of Lhasa city and then transfer to the airport. Say good-bye to Tibet
The table below shows the price for different period of time of the year in which time we launch the departures.
1.If your time is flexible, Pick it up please whenever you go for a tour to Everest Base Camp.
2. If you must go for a tour to EBC in a specific time, please submit a form in which the details tell us and then we will schedule a time for you
* Important: no matter which one of the two mentioned above is your situation, we will definitely launch the departure if we confirm you of it.
1. Airport or train station transfer: The free airport pick-up is at 3:20 p.m. and see off is at 12:00 p.m. These are the most common times in and out of Lhasa, but if you would like to schedule a different time enter/leave Tibet we will be happy to arrange for you. Please ask your travel consultant for the price.
2. Accommodation: 5 nights stay in comfortable 3 star hotels in Tibet (We can also upgrade your hotel ,pls consult from your tripadvisor)
3. Meals: Breakfast only. See detailed itinerary for complete listing.
4. English Speaking Guide: All of our guides are local Tibetans with infectious smiles and a passion for sharing their homeland. From them you’ll receive extensive information about the history, geography, culture, religion, traditions, art and music.
5. Vehicle Rental & Driver: All of our vehicles are well maintained and safe. Our drivers are experienced in driving in the Tibetan landscape. Vehicle type from 4WD to mini bus will be arranged according to group size.
6. Travel Permits: All Tibet traveling permits.
7. Entrance Fees: All entrance fees listed in the itinerary, (except optional sites) including vehicle and personal entry permit for Qomolangma Nature Preserve
1．Transportation to and from Tibet.
2. Other services of non-Tibet parts
3. Private expense like laundry, IDD calls, drinks in the room, etc.
4. Extra expenses incurred due to unexpected natural events (delays, road washouts, etc.)
5. Meals not specified in the tour itinerary
6. Tips for the tour guide and driver
Interested in this tour?
Contact us for a quotation.