On this trip, you will get to know about two different cultures of ancient civilized countries—China and India. In addition, you will get chances to see how the people’s daily life as well as the natural scenery of the both sides of Himalayan Ranges including Mt. Everest. Besides, you can explore the Tibetan Religion and have a look at Tibet Plateau, which is been protected in the fifth years of the opening of Tibet train. If you are an architect, you will appreciate different architecture styles; if you are an animal lover, you will be thrilled by the wild life outside the window of Tibet train, and if you are a photographer, it is the best chance to shoot various stunning views, etc. Trip available: from Beijing to New Deli, all year round except July and August. On the other hand, if you plan to leave for Beijing from New Deli, you could go all year round except January and February.
Minimum number of people for the trip : 3 person
How we are DIFFERENT?
- 100% Lhasa LOCAL Travel Agency-Selecting Best Standard Tibetan travel guides;
- 100% small group size tour (less than 16 pax) to maintain service quality and avoid mass tourism;
- Instant support to all members before, during and after the trip;
- Absolutely no forced shopping or tourist trap and No Hidden Cost;
- 100% friendly to local environment by practicing the knowledge of Responsible Tibet Tourism.
Today, the airplane will fly to Kathmandu. When you arrive in Kathmandu, you can visit pashupatinath, bouddha nath, swayambhu nath stupa (monkey's temple) kathmandu durbar square, patan durbar square and krishna temple.
You are still in Kathmandu, you can drive to Chitwan; you can go hiking or go boating or rafting, it’s up to you.
Chitwan -- Kathmandu-- Nagarkot
There are some activities today, such as elephant riding. Then, back to Kathmandu and drive to Nagarkot.
Tourists will enjoy sunset and sunrise in Nagarkot, then drive to the border of Tibet, after arriving there, drive to Shegar or Old Tingri or Nylam.
Shegar-- Mt. Everest -- Shigatse
Drive from Shegar to Mt. Everest, and then to Shigatse.
Shigatse -- Gyangtse -- Lhasa
Shigatse to Gyangtse, on the way you will see Karola glacier, you can shoot short videos or take some photos of it, since the scenery is really amazing. Besides, you will see Yamdrok Lake, which is one of three holiest lakes in Tibet. Finally, we will drive you to Lhasa.
Today is the Lhasa city tour day, you will visit Potala Palace, which is the winter palace of Panchen Lamas. Besides, you can visit Jokhang Temple, you will see statue of Buddha Sakyamuni inside, and you can also see the pilgrims make prostrating outside the temple. Barkhor Street is around Jokhang Temple, it’s a good choice to stroll Barkor Street.
Today, you are also in Lhasa city, you can visit Tibet Museum in the morning, and go to Sera Monastery in the afternoon, the monks debate is the hot attraction there, it usually held at 3pm to 5pm. Finally, you can visit Tibetan family, you will know more about the customs in Tibet and be a Tibetan at that time. If you have plenty of time, you can visit orphanage there.
Today, you will take train and leave Lhasa, you will see stunning views and wild animals out of the train window.
Take train to Xi’an, and stay overnight at a hotel in Xi’an.
Today you will visit some place of interests in Xi’an, such as Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses, History Museum, City Wall
Today you are in Xi’an, too. You can visit Wild Goose Pagoda, then you are going to fly to Beijing. After your arrival, you can stroll in Beijing Hutong and visit the local family.
Get up early in the morning, and do some exercise, you can learn Taichi if you are willing to. Then go to visit the Great wall.
Today, you will visit Tiananmen Square. Here is a tip for you, get up early and see the flag-raising ceremony. Next, you are going to visit Forbidden City. Finally, end your whole trip in Beijing.
Take train to Chengdu, which is the homeland of giant panda.
After your arrival in Chengdu, go to visit Panda Research & Breeding Center. Then take high-speed rail to Chongqing.
On the cruise of Yangtse River.
You will visit Three Gorges Dam System and arrive in YiChang, then fly to Beijing.
Visit well-known sights in Beijing, including Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and the Great Wall. Besides, you can stroll in Beijing Hutong and visit the local family.
Get up early in the morning, and do some exercise, you can learn Taichi if you are willing to. Then go to visit the Great wall. Your whole trip ends here.
- Airport or train station transfer: The free airport pick-up is at 3:20 p.m. and see off is at 12:00 p.m. These are the most common times in and out of Lhasa, but if you would like to schedule a different time enter/leave Tibet we will be happy to arrange for you. Please ask your travel consultant for the price.
- Accommodation: 6 nights stay in comfortable 3 star hotels in Tibet ; 1 night stay nearby EBC in tent or guesthouse according to the weather.
- Meals: Breakfast only. See detailed itinerary for complete listing.
- English Speaking Guide: All of our guides are local Tibetans with infectious smiles and a passion for sharing their homeland. From them you ll receive extensive information about the history, geography, culture, religion, traditions, art and music.
- Vehicle Rental & Driver: All of our vehicles are well maintained and safe. Our drivers are experienced in driving in the Tibetan landscape. Vehicle type will be arranged according to group size.
- Travel Permits: All Tibet traveling permits.
- Entrance Fees: All entrance fees listed in the itinerary, (except optional sites) including vehicle and personal entry permit for Everest Nature Preserve
- One way train ticket of Lhasa-Shigatse
- Transportation to and from Tibet.
- Other services of non-Tibet parts
- Private expense like laundry, IDD calls, drinks in the room, etc.
- Extra expenses incurred due to unexpected natural events (delays, road washouts, etc.)
- Meals not specified in the tour itinerary
- Tips for the tour guide and driver